Mechanical Engineering
Shahin Nisha

Need a job in mechanical engineering

Hi I completed my b.e in aeronautical engineering in 2011 and completed my M.E in CAD in mechanical engineering in 2015.I'm working as assistant professor in mechanical department.i wish to join in mechanical companies in chennai .. Can any one guide me on this..

Now what are the possible ways to get an entry level job in Mechanical Engineering without any referral and previous internship experience.

First of all, stop thinking that being a fresher is a disadvantage. There are few companies who are looking for freshers only,

1.You should apply to as much companies as you can through job portals and services like FIVERR and INDEED etc.Also, look for the company's website as well.

2.Try some independent projects. Showcase them on Github and include them on your resume or cover letter.

3.Email to recruiters directly, and explain in the cover letter why they should consider you. You can convey your ability to relocate.

4.Just spread the word among your friends / relatives and ask shamelessly for any referrals. Yes, shamelessly. With millions of applicants, it is very tough to get through normal process. That's a fact. I am sure you can find at least one person who knows some one working in an IT company. This can only get you the attention of a recruiter. First your resume, and then you, have to stand out.

5.I am not sure how effective this is, but there are many recruiting firms which help you get an interview. 

Now what are the possible ways to get an entry level job in Mechanical Engineering without any referral and previous internship experience.

First of all, stop thinking that being a fresher is a disadvantage. There are few companies who are looking for freshers only,

1.You should apply to as much companies as you can through job portals and services like  and  INDEED  etc.Also, look for the company's website as well.

2.Try some independent projects. Showcase them on Github and include them on your resume or cover letter.

3.Email to recruiters directly, and explain in the cover letter why they should consider you. You can convey your ability to relocate.

4.Just spread the word among your friends / relatives and ask shamelessly for any referrals. Yes, shamelessly. With millions of applicants, it is very tough to get through normal process. That's a fact. I am sure you can find at least one person who knows some one working in an IT company. This can only get you the attention of a recruiter. First your resume, and then you, have to stand out.

5.I am not sure how effective this is, but there are many recruiting firms which help you get an interview.