Mechanical Engineering

Cold storage room

I need a help to build a cold storage room for potatoes. If anybody work on this topic before please i humbly request them to help me with their design and procedure. I just need rough calculation for the capacity of ac required to do so?

• 7 months later...

first of all, I ask your requirement. Did it same as I design for ice cream storage ? I suggest you to find out specification first before you start design . I could give my rough calculate for office room, it has heat load around 180 Kcal/sq m. So if you consider to design make sure wall get some sandwich panel to isolated from outside heat load. And get finished floor by epoxy coated (chemical resistant) . And also get AHU packaged for more cooling load capacity. Thank you and correct me if I wrong pls.

What is highly significant here is to determine the storage temperature of potatoes, size of your room and other heat emitting materials in the room in order to get your heat load accurate. Your building panels should be of adequate size to support your design specifications. When all these are in order and the exact heat load is determined, this would guide you in selecting the refrigeration capacity you require.

All the best,