Mechanical Engineering

Cannot figure out why I get this error in COMSOL

image.thumb.png.b7a9666484b24ddc7443430c0dfb84cc.pngI have been given a model which uses Cell Periodicity to model a unit cell representing a large repetitive structure. Periodic boundary conditions are used on the outer boundaries of this unit cell. When I run the model however, I get this message:

image.png.b27aa7a46a5fbf03c11e8ce80eb28410.png

Boundary similarity and source/destination incompatibility

image.thumb.png.e0182779e5737bad8b5ff6107fe5131a.png

Where source and destination are defined - not sure what it means?

image.thumb.png.b7a9666484b24ddc7443430c0dfb84cc.png

This is where "Boundary similarity: src2dst_bp3_cp1_sim5" are defined. I have selected it in the model to the right.

Anyone more experienced than me who might have an idea of whats going on?

image.png

• 1 month later...

Looks really good. I would recommend you start your new ecommerce project like this with https://belkins.io/. The sales lead should receive all of the information they are looking for during the phone call and should be encouraged to fill out the lead form that is available at the website so that you can begin developing a relationship with them.

Hi there "Alwayslearning"!

I've had a similar error in the past using ANSYS (or may have been NASTRAN...?)...when I gave up after banging my head against the wall for about two days, I got on to the Technical support guys...

...it turned out in my case that it was a migrogap between two edges (where there should not have been a gap). This resulted in the model be discontinuous from the analysis perspective. The model was redrawn and the problem solved.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

There are so many companies offering web and app software development services that it can be difficult to decide which one to go for.  https://mlsdev.com/services/web-development It helps to understand the difference between web design and app software development services. Web software is a subset of app software development. A web software development company offers both web design and app development services. The company may specialize in particular areas such as web site creation or app creation.