Mechanical Engineering

Shaft Design & Analysis

Hi All,

I am Eko from Indonesia, kindly need your help to assist me to provide good reference ( with completed case study ) for Shaft Design & analysis,

Special case : Vertical Arrangement Fan COoler Shaft as per attached filed,

Many Thanks if you mind to help me ASAP

regards

Eko M

Fan Shaft.jpg

Picture1.jpg

While this looks like a fairly simply problem on the surface, it has the potential to be quite complex. The fact that the shaft is vertical complicates the situation because it does not offer the stabilizing force of gravity. What you are asking for is professional work, well beyond the scope of the Q&A here at the ME Forum. You should contact a competent Professional Engineer for this assistance. You can send me a PM if you want further help.

DrD

I'd agree with DrD....that said, ball-bearings are inappropriate in this application....I'd use taper roller as it has both an axial and radial component of force, otherwise - due to the mass of air, mass of the assembly and the resultant action - you will have premature bearing failure!