Mechanical Engineering

AI and Quantum Computing in Engineering

Good morning All,

I hope this finds all of you in the greatest of health and spirit!

In the last couple of years, I have worked with, spoken to, and built relationships with various engineering firms.

Engineering has a very warm place in my heart, as my Proxy Father was a Senior Electrical Engineer at Boeing (retired now), and was the Hot Shot that

mocked up the fuselage and electrical systems for the Osprey, used for the Marine Corp.

I say Proxy Father, because he is my best friends father, and took me under his wing at a very early age.  My family situation was not so great when I was younger, and I became

part of their family.  A son by proxy!

It was he who showed me my first computer, and the unprecedented amount of discipline it took to be an Engineer, and he continued to show me how to take that discipline

and apply it to every area of my life.  I am forever grateful for what he has done for me, as I have no doubt that it helped save me! 

Working with various Engineering Firms has been a great pleasure, and although I am not a "Engineer", I have a firm grasp on much of how they operate.  

In studying the industry, and the new technology coming into play I am wondering how future technology, such as AI and Quantum Computing, will effect the different types of firms that are in operation today, and if they have been thinking about their future operations in regards to these technologies. 

This has become a serious topic for me.  I work within the IT and Cyber Security Industry, and the future of Engineering, as well as IT/Cyber Security Firms, are going to be effected by all of this in major ways.  Cyber Security alone will have to change because of it.

I would like to get your insight on this topic....how does this effect your business and the industry as a whole?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for your time and insight!

Sincerely,

Angel Antonio Marrero Jr.