Mechanical Engineering

Manufacturing & Production technology online conference Oct 5th to 14th 2021

Bad Filtration is Killing Your Operation

Most machine and component failures are misundertsood and could be better investigated and prevented if better filtration standards are adopted.

An estimated 70% of machine components failures occur due to lubrication issues including higher than anticipated particluate concentrations and water ingression. High quality lubricant filtration might have high initial capital expenditure costs, but the long-term benefits cannot be understated.

Better lubricant cleanliness levels result in:

• Lower on-going maintenance costs
  • Increased oil lifetime
  • More consistent fluid characteristics (load bearing capacity, acid number, etc)
  • Reduced environmental impacts (due to a reduction in oil turnover)
  • Reduced downtime and increased reliability

In manufacturing/production finishing, Knurling is one process used to print fine serrations on a surface. It also provides grip on the surface that will enable turning, firm control, and dis-assembly when required. Examples of knurled surfaces are seen in motorcycle handle bar, control knobs of electronics, hand tools and so on.

Manufacturing & process tecnologies are very important to profit our business. In the manufacturing process are involved several steps, starting with programming the process, measurements, and design in 2 and 3D modeling, using Aut cad, Solidworks or a different software. . 

Não foi fornecido texto alternativo para esta imagem

On 10/6/2021 at 2:33 AM, Sundaram Ramchandran said:

One innovative aspect relates to the possibility of using solid state laser cooling to accelerate by leaps and bounds what seems to be the main bottleneck in metallurgical  (or any material ) formation / fabrication (starting from extraction) processes, i.e the thermodynamic aspects of heating / cooling (which can now be carried out using precisely controlled laser power pulses / waves 

I am reposting this though i had posted the same as a reply to another comment since i was not sure about the formalities

One innovative aspect relates to the possibility of using solid state laser cooling to accelerate by leaps and bounds what seems to be the main bottleneck in metallurgical  (or any material ) formation / fabrication (starting from extraction) processes, i.e the thermodynamic aspects of heating / cooling (which can now be carried out using precisely controlled laser power pulses / waves 

On 10/6/2021 at 2:33 AM, Sundaram Ramchandran said:

I am reposting this though i had posted the same as a reply to another comment since i was not sure about the formalities

The above could possibly be extended to laser cooling in general (applicable to all phases - gaseous , fluid and solid) 

3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing, is a computer controlled process in which three-dimensional objects can be created by materials deposited in layers. Using computer aided design (CAD) or 3D object scanners, components, parts, or any other object can be made without the use of machining or any other techniques, and therefore less surplus material.

• admin locked this topic