ashutoshdasare

How to land a R&D job?

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am a mechanical engineering student interested in doing R&D in the industry. Every year some of the top Mechanical engineering companies come to our campus for campus recruitment. My question is, If selected, Will i get an opportunity to progress within the company to its R&D dept? Or should i go for my masters (like MTech or MS) & then will i get a direct entry into R&D of a company?

So the question here is basically should i go for my masters immediately after my degree or get placed after my degree & try for an opening in R&D? Which option has a better chance of me landing up in R&D?

Hello everyone, I am a mechanical engineering student interested in doing R&D in the industry. Every year some of the top Mechanical engineering companies come to our campus for campus recruitment. My question is, If selected, Will i get an opportunity to progress within the company to its R&D dept? Or should i go for my masters (like MTech or MS) & then will i get a direct entry into R&D of a company?

So the question here is basically should i go for my masters immediately after my degree or get placed after my degree & try for an opening in R&D? Which option has a better chance of me landing up in R&D?

hi ashutosh,

iam tejas working as engineer-sc for institute for plasma research(an autonomous institute of DAE).

see if u want to work in R&D section, then try to go for your masters or also you can try to get the job in Government R&D institutes like DRDO,ISRO,BARC,CSIR & many other. Every year they take lot of bachlors in the different sections.there you will get the chances to study further so you can do your masters later.you have to look at the advertisements for such recruitments.

hi ashutosh,

iam tejas working as engineer-sc for institute for plasma research(an autonomous institute of DAE).

see if u want to work in R&D section, then try to go for your masters or also you can try to get the job in Government R&D institutes like DRDO,ISRO,BARC,CSIR & many other. Every year they take lot of bachlors in the different sections.there you will get the chances to study further so you can do your masters later.you have to look at the advertisements for such recruitments.

Hi Tejas, Thanks a lot for your valuable insight. Just one more question, if i can get direct entry into R&D after Masters then isnt it more desirable rather than to slowly work my way into R&D after my bachelor's degree? is this logic correct or there are some other factors to be considered?

Hi Tejas, Thanks a lot for your valuable insight. Just one more question, if i can get direct entry into R&D after Masters then isnt it more desirable rather than to slowly work my way into R&D after my bachelor's degree? is this logic correct or there are some other factors to be considered?

HI

Of course it is not necessary to do M.tech or M.S to do in R&D jobs especially in India. When the companies are recruiting the freshers the see only basic knowledge of your mechanical subjects, Just u required of all basic knowledge of mechanical subjects for entering in to R&D

after entering in R&D of any company U will suffer some time to understand advanced topics like FEM,Rotor dynamics,Vehicle dynamics..if u have a confidence that i can handle that situation u just carry on with ur b tech degree

If u want some foundation in R&D,just go for M.Tech.It will helps a lot

HI

Of course it is not necessary to do M.tech or M.S to do in R&D jobs especially in India. When the companies are recruiting the freshers the see only basic knowledge of your mechanical subjects, Just u required of all basic knowledge of mechanical subjects for entering in to R&D

after entering in R&D of any company U will suffer some time to understand advanced topics like FEM,Rotor dynamics,Vehicle dynamics..if u have a confidence that i can handle that situation u just carry on with ur b tech degree

If u want some foundation in R&D,just go for M.Tech.It will helps a lot

Thanks a lot Vikram.Mighty. Your advice means a lot at this stage.

it depends ashutosh....if i tell you my condition, i have to earn money for my family after my Bachlors, so i didn't have any other way, but if you dont have such problem then complete your masters first & then try for some R & D job.....

Hi, am very interested in learning more about Mechanical Engineering design, so please can someone help me with some PDF document so that i can help myself. Thanks