Mechanical Engineering
TarekM

Cad tool for Mechanical part

Hello

I want to know what the best and easiest cad tool (solidwork, inventor...)  for Mechanical part design modeling , and what will be the main problem that will get my way when using them.

However if there is shape generator for difficult shapes That provides automatically the shape I want. 

Kindly advise 

On ‎2016‎/‎01‎/‎23 at 1:56 AM, TarekM said:

Hello

I want to know what the best and easiest cad tool (solidwork, inventor...)  for Mechanical part design modeling , and what will be the main problem that will get my way when using them.

However if there is shape generator for difficult shapes That provides automatically the shape I want. 

Kindly advise 

On 23/01/2016 at 5:26 AM, TarekM said:

Hello

Kindly advise 

I think CATIA is the best CAD design software, mechanical engineers use all over the world, because simply it is used by the vast majority of the big companies in fields like automotive and aeronautical engineering.

Speaking of myself, I worked with SolidWorks, Inventor and CATIA, and I find the latter as the best between them, even though there are a lot of similarities between them.

For beginners who want to learn mechanical design, Solidworks is the best to begin with.

• The fastest kernel for solid-surface hybrid modeling
  • Make full use of existing drawings with powerful data exchange when product planning
  • Multiple methods of verification to guarantee the quality of your design
  • Enhance internal and external cooperation with sample making
  • Available in several versions, including ZW3D Standard, ZW3D Professional, ZW3D Premium, ZW3D 2X Machining, ZW3D 3X Machining, ZW3D Lite, and ZW3D Student Version

NX is generally used for design of Parts having complicated shapes. It has many tool for Part Designing.

Pros 

1. Lots of tools are present to design a Part.
  2. The name of tools are simple and easy to understand their purpose.
  3. Drafting is easy.

Cons 

1. Little hard to understand User Interface.
  2. Surfacing section is less.
  3. Less rendering options available.

Applications – Part Design, CAM, Tool Design, etc.

Key Functions of NX:

• Computer-Aided Design (CAD) (Design)Parametric Solid Modeling (Feature-Based and Direct Modelling)Free Form surface modelling ( Class A Surfaces)Reverse EngineeringStyling and computer-aided industrial designEngineering Drawing (Drafting)Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI)Reporting and Analytics, Verification and ValidationKnowledge Reuse, Including Knowledge-Based EngineeringSheet Metal DesignAssembly Modelling and Digital MockupRouting for electrical Wiring and Mechanical Piping
  • Computer-Aided engineering (CAE) (Simulation)Stress Analysis/Finite Element Method (FEM)KinematicsComputational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Thermal Analysis
  • Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) (Manufacturing)Numerical Control (NC) Programming