Mechanical Engineering Community
Tarmo Velsker

Hi Mechanical Engineers! Nice to meet you!

Hi I joined with this forum few weeks ago, so I thought it would be proper to introduce myself shortly.

The last 10 years have been extremely interesting in my life as a mechanical engineer. I have successfully finished my MSc and PhD studies. At the same period of time I managed to work as a Chief Designer to utilize my theoretical knowledges in practice and vice versa.

My field was design and manufacturing of heavy steel structures and reflector dishes for Satellite Earth Station Antennas. I have managed almost 100 projects to fabricate about 150 earth station antennas steel structure. This gave me valuable experiences as a mechanical engineer and additionally very good experiences in daily basis communication and teamwork with other engineers, designers and project managers internationally.

The most exciting for me is to improve product design or fabrication process. I am open minded and like to analyse and test different ideas and solutions no matter how silly they sound. I believe that the most valuable lesson I have learned through my engineer career is ability to make decisions and ready to take the consequences. 

So I am interested to meet interesting people to see how we could be helpful to each other. 

I am a lifelong learner and enjoy self-improvement. One of my favorite quot is: “Once you stop learning, you start dying”  - Albert Einstein -

Thank you for your attention, it is nice to meet you all here! In case you have any questions regarding to my engineering experiences, please be free to let me know.

Name: Tarmo

Highest Degree PhD (ME)

Year of passing the graduate degree 2012

Name of Institute: Tallinn University of Technology