• br
Shalini Chakraborty

SELENIUM WRAPPER AUTOMATION

One of the most blooming concepts in the present scenario is the Selenium Wrapper Automation. Automation tool industry is employing Selenium technology. These will work on Selenium as a wrapper by integrating Selenium Web Driver with the back end architecture.

For working on Selenium, one needs to have accurate knowledge of computer languages and resources. Then subsequently some expertise training on this technology can be fruitful. Analyzing the framework and evaluating which one suits better to your environment is important. Define Object repositories and define a test reporting framework. Once these are addressed, one can easily start working on automation tests.

When you speak of a Selenium Wrapper, what are you describing? Is this physical object, or a software item? What sort of wrapper is it? In the usual sense of the word, a wrapper keeps certain things in while keeping other things out (think of a bubble gum wrapper). To what does a selenium wrapper apply? Where are we?

This post jumped into a topic with the assumption that we all know what it is. I, for one, have no clue what it is. Please help an old man by telling me what the game is.

DrD

Selenium is a software package which can be used to test websites/ automate tasks to websites. For example, if I wanted to login every day to the mechanical-engg.com website and post a greeting e.g. hi, I would use selenium to perform this task for me.

Thank you, John. I had never heard of that.

Why does this answer have to come from John, rather than our leader, Shalini?

DrD

Thank you, John and Sorry Sir. I was not aware in depth about the selenium package. Shared this article as I was going through the current technological developemnets.I would further gain knowledge about the same and write on this topic in upcoming days.

• br
  • br