Mechanical Engineering Community
Sammi Wen

Software purchasing let me down

I am a new engineer at a factory and our company want to purchase a new simulation software.

Our manager ask me to compare the software and discuss with the accounting department. Then they will buy for us.

I found that the process communicates with the accounting department waste me a lot of time. Because most of them only care about the price.

So, how do your company purchase a software?

Will you can purchase for your own then apply for reimbursement or you should ask the accounting department to buy them for you? 

I am a new engineer at a factory and our company want to purchase a new simulation software.

Our manager ask me to compare the software and discuss with the accounting department. Then they will buy for us.

I found that the process communicates with the accounting department waste me a lot of time. Because most of them only care about the price.

So, how do your company purchase a software?

Will you can purchase for your own then apply for reimbursement or you should ask the accounting department to buy them for you? 

Please identify which type of product you are manufacturing and which type of simulation you want in your product. There are many software in market. you do not have to take much effort. you have to just call them ask for quotation and technical demo  if you like any of them. their marketing guys convince your account department..... lol... hahahaha...