Mechanical Engineering
fethical

Converting Design to Reality

I'm facing this problem from a very long time. Let's say you founded a Patent/Design that fits perfectly for your needs. Now the problem is how can you realize that design? ( Design in Solidworks is ready but physically it's not )

How can you make from a block steel to the required machine? I know that has to happen using milling machine, lathe and other different types machines and processes but what's the exact procedure? How the marking has to be done? Any books or documentation about this? I know that this is vague but there should be something about this.

Eg. Let's say a bearing block. How that has to be made ?

On 8/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, fethical said:

I'm facing this problem from a very long time. Let's say you founded a Patent/Design that fits perfectly for your needs. Now the problem is how can you realize that design? ( Design in Solidworks is ready but physically it's not )

How can you make from a block steel to the required machine? I know that has to happen using milling machine, lathe and other different types machines and processes but what's the exact procedure? How the marking has to be done? Any books or documentation about this? I know that this is vague but there should be something about this.

Eg. Let's say a bearing block. How that has to be made ?

There is a vide range of bearing blocks readily available in the market,  if the required design doesn't falls in that, prepare detailed manufacturing drawings of all the parts and get it made from the supplier.

After all any machine is an assembly of standard bought out parts, manufactured parts and hardware.Bill of materials to prepared first.