Mechanical Engineering
SWAMY1958

Technical Feasibility Study

Question

1 answer to this question

I hate to be discouraging, but... If you're pursuing the idea of a driverless vehicle (i.e., a car or truck driven by a computer) on your own, you are at the end of a very long line, plus the people in line ahead of you have a staggering amount of money to waste. Even if you were more clever and had better ideas than anyone at Google, you won't get to present them, because they can afford to buy off any decision-maker. If you really want to work on this particular problem, join one of the big companies who is already working on it. If you can't get a position with one of these, find something else interesting to pursue. The world is full of fascinating things and there are still many problems that are crying out for new solutions. Water purification is a really hot topic and there are some small companies working on novel ideas that could use your creativity and enthusiasm. Biofuels, waste reduction an re-purposing, more effective recycling, are just a few. There is always room to better utilize existing resources and assets. If you're into computers, there are new ways of analyzing all sorts of data to identify trends. I was just discussing a project at work today in which magnetic sensors are being used to detect differences in truck loading, unloading, residual contents, and performance.