Jump to content
Mechanical Engineering
  • 0

How can I model a fluid inside an enclosure?



I have and horizontal enclosure and it's correlation, however I would like to know the variation of temperature of the fluid between the upper and lower wall. How can I make a heat balance for the fluid?

I think I cannot assume something like the following


Correlation being for example : h_c=0.069RaL**1/3 Pr0.074 * k/L

Bottom surface convection: Q_c=-A*h_c*(T_bottom - T_fluid)

Upper surface convection:Q_c=-A*h_c*(T_fluid - T_upper)

Being therefore the heat balance something like: m_fluid*cp*(dT/dt)=Q_c_bottom-Q_c_upper

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you, for your help and time

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You will find many projects on ResearchGate where graduate students are investigating heat transfer within enclosures with a variety of conditions and fluids. You should be able to find something informative to your particular problem there. The complexity of the solutions varies considerably, so look for something on the level you're interested in pursuing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Join Mechanical Engineering network

    Join us (login) to get full access : Please sign up to connect and participate.

    To download files...please login

  • Create New...