Mechanical Engineering

IMechE Membership application form sample guidance

Dear Colleagues,

Need Assistance and Recommendation (IMechE)

My inquiries are as follows:

1- Do you know anyone who has applied  for membership at Institution of Mechanical Engineers (UK), IMechE, please?

I want to apply for Chartered Engineer (CEng) membership at IMechE.
I am thankful if anyone shares his/her experience (hiding their private personal information).

2- If anyone has already filled up the CEng IMechE application form, I am thankful for sharing his / her application form (hiding their sensitive personal information).
The application form is attached.

3- if anyone has any advice, guidance and experience related to the interview (usually 45 minutes), any useful information in submitting documents and/or any writing is a good criteria to meet the requirement of CEng Membership at IMechE.

If possible to get their contact or share their experience (application form, project or anything else) ensuring hiding their personal information, I will be very grateful.
I attached three samples as examples.

Thank you for your time and effort you will offer in this case.

Yours sincerely,
Zhwan

Hi Zhwan.

I myself am a member of IMechE. I cannott give you advice specifically on the form as everyone's experience differs, so it would be unique to you. 

The accompanying notes that are available for the forms are very useful in indicating what the Institute is looking to see...but by far the most useful assistance you will get is from the IMechE membership department themselves. They are very helpful to prospective members and are very keen to grow their membership....that said, they do also want to maintain standards. They will help guide you through the process.

Good luck

Bruce