Mechanical Engineering

So, are you looking to get your name on a published paper? Is  that the point here?

It is pretty rare for undergraduates to publish papers, and I don't think I've ever seen such required for university admission. Perhaps you might tell us more about what you have in mind here.

DrD

Actualy that't the point.I want to get my name on a published paper.

With a good resume,I can get a scolarship,on the other hand I can be useful and helpful to someone is going to publish a paper by simulation,computing,etc.

I would appreciate it if you guide me to true path.I'll be happy to know more about your experiences.

You say that you are a ME student working on a bachelor's degree. If you are already in college, why are you seeking a scholarship? Are you trying to change universities?

DrD

Perhaps you might start on a research problem, and when you think you have something publishable, look for a "sponsor" to co-author with you? This "sponsor" might be a faculty member or a working engineer, but someone who already has some publications and knows the process.

As I read your original request, you are asking another person to identify a promising research problem and then let you do a part of the work to get your name on the paper. The big problem with that, as I see it, is the very limited value of your contribution.

Suppose for example that I propose a problem that I'm working on.  I will have to expend considerable time and effort to simply communicate the problem to you. With that same amount of effort, I could probably simply finish the problem and write the paper. It would not likely be worth it to me (or any other researcher) to bring you on board. You are only of value if you can do something that I cannot do, and right now, I don't know what that would be. This is why I suggest you propose a problem, do the preliminary research to get  yourself familiar with the problem, and then look for a co-author to help with finishing the publication.

DrD

12 hours ago, DrD said:

Perhaps you might start on a research problem, and when you think you have something publishable, look for a "sponsor" to co-author with you? This "sponsor" might be a faculty member or a working engineer, but someone who already has some publications and knows the process.

As I read your original request, you are asking another person to identify a promising research problem and then let you do a part of the work to get your name on the paper. The big problem with that, as I see it, is the very limited value of your contribution.

Suppose for example that I propose a problem that I'm working on.  I will have to expend considerable time and effort to simply communicate the problem to you. With that same amount of effort, I could probably simply finish the problem and write the paper. It would not likely be worth it to me (or any other researcher) to bring you on board. You are only of value if you can do something that I cannot do, and right now, I don't know what that would be. This is why I suggest you propose a problem, do the preliminary research to get  yourself familiar with the problem, and then look for a co-author to help with finishing the publication.

DrD

Many thanks for your complete explanation.🙏🏻

It will be usefull to me definitly.