Mechanical Engineering

ENGINEERING: Types of Engineers | Engineering Careers (Female Engineers) #2

• 2 months later...

I think you are a bit confused one one of your engineering types. Specifically, I question whether it is appropriate to speak of a "financial engineer." I think that is nonsense. Finance is based on emotions and psychology at least as much as it is on hard science.

I also have to ask, why did you make this video? What is the point? I must be missing something. I really did not learn much (other than about the "financial engineer"!)

DrD

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, DrD said:

I think you are a bit confused one one of your engineering types. Specifically, I question whether it is appropriate to speak of a "financial engineer." I think that is nonsense. Finance is based on emotions and psychology at least as much as it is on hard science.

DrD

I totally disagree with your statement  Finance is based on emotions and psychology

Finance is based on numbers not human emotions. 

1 hour ago, tooldtocare said:

I totally disagree with your statement  Finance is based on emotions and psychology

Finance is based on numbers not human emotions. 

You are welcome to disagree, but I will stick by my statement. Numbers may influence emotions, but ultimately it is emotions that drive decisions.

DrD

2 hours ago, DrD said:

You are welcome to disagree, but I will stick by my statement. Numbers may influence emotions, but ultimately it is emotions that drive decisions.

In the human context of things emotions drives the human ability to dream the impossible dream. 

2 hours ago, DrD said:

Unfortunately, this takes us further away from the OP